How to Apply to Children’s Garden Montessori School
Before applying, we ask interested parents to attend a Parent Preview. Prospective parents may also wish to observe a classroom in action. See Parent Previews and Observations for visit registration information.
Step 1: Come to a Parent Preview, virtually or in-person this year, which includes a presentation, viewing of the school and time to discuss with admissions staff, teachers and other parents. Parents only; Parent Preview registration is required. It is not necessary to attend again if re-applying.
Step 2 (not required): For parents who wish to see more after having attended a Preview presentation, we invite you for a virtual classroom observation. Observations are by appointment.
Step 3: Applications for the enrollment lottery open online each year on November 1 with February 15 being the deadline to be included in the lottery for the school term beginning in the coming Fall. Applications submitted after the deadline, “round 2” are accepted and considered after the lottery.
Step 4: Lottery/waitlist status notification is sent and enrollment offers begin using the lottery ordered waitlists (see “lottery and waitlists” below). This is an annual lottery process. Applications and waitlist status do not roll to the following school year.
Applications received after February 15 will be added as “round 2” to wait-lists as they are received for rolling openings.
Apply – Lottery & Waitlists
Enrollment is open to children 18 months through Kindergarten age, with the application process beginning in the fall prior to the year of desired enrollment. Upon receipt of your application and a non-refundable application fee, children’s names are placed in age and gender based lottery pools. Enrollment offers are made through this lottery system.
- Applications received by February 15 are sorted by program, gender and 10 different age groups; a lottery is conducted for each group.
- Lottery ordered wait-list numbers are assigned to each child within their age/gender group.
- Notification letters with the wait-list positions for each child are sent by email (or post) no later than March 15th.
- Offers are made by email or phone using these lists as they come open throughout the enrollment period – March through May – as well as through the summer and school year if space opens.
- Enrollment offers made from the lottery lists have a 24 hour courtesy hold time before the space is offered to the next applicant on the list.
- Securing enrollment requires an enrollment fee and tuition deposit. Details are sent with enrollment offers. See Tuition and Fees for rates.
- Parents should plan to attend a Parent Preview before the March lottery.
- Applications received after the lottery deadline are applied to wait-lists as received for rolling, “Round 2” openings. Offers for rolling openings do not carry a 24 hour courtesy hold.
- FAQ about enrollment and the lottery waitlist.
Application fee: $65 Payment may be made through PayPal account or credit card. This is a one-time fee per child. There is no application fee for children for whom you applied for the previous year’s lottery, and paid the fee, or for current year Round 2 applications. Link to the No-Fee application is in instructions on the application. For other application fee waivers please contact the admissions office.
Let us know if you have questions! FAQ or Contact the Admissions Director at